Sunday July 26, 2015
9:00 AM -4:00 PM
Moraine State Park
We have planned a super fun day to help you unwind, break out of the grind and have the time of your life! Sunshine, laughter, paddle boarding, SUP yoga, and massage will leave you in a state of feeling great AND we will teach you how to stay that way!
That’s exactly what this day is all about. Feeling.Good.
At this full day retreat in Moraine State Park, you’ll step outside of your comfort zone and physical environment for a day of fun, excitement and relaxation. You and your friends will have a blast paddling around Lake Arthur & getting Down Dog SUP Yoga style with SurfSUP Adventures……yes this is going to be challenging, humorous and a whole lot of fun!
Don’t worry, to reward you for trying something new and challenging, we are going to provide you with some comfort while you are outside your comfort zone. You will unwind and enjoy experiencing spa in the raw with relaxing lakeside massages by your favorite therapists from Evolve Wellness Spa The sounds of nature, fresh air and breathtaking views will leave your mind and body in a state of bliss!
Oh and by the way, we think you should feel this GREAT all the time! Let us introduce the lovely and amazing Vanessa from Sweat & Butter! Vanessa is a transformational health coach who will help you to get out of the daily grind and make everyday life an adventure. She will help you to learn what’s holding you back from living your most passion filled life, loving your body and loving yourself with activities and techniques designed to teach you how to identify and overcome limiting beliefs, behaviors and bad habits.
- PaddleBoarding Around Lake Arthur with an Instructor
- Stand up PaddleBoard Yoga Class
- Lakeside Relaxation Massage
- Delicious & Nutritious Lunch
- Total Life Transformation!
- An Unparamounted Day of Fun!
RESERVE YOUR SPOT NOW FOR THE RETREAT! ONLY 14 LEFT!
Want to learn more about Vanessa’s life changing approach? Click Here To Register for a Free Live Webinar! on Thursday, July 9th @ 7:30 PM where Vanessa will share information about her coaching and the event!
To get you prepped for the day and feeling the excitement long after, we’ve thrown in some bonuses:
20% off of a massage of your choice at Evolve Wellness Spa ($20 value)
10% off any of Vanessa’s coaching programs (up to a $150 value!)
20% off a paddle boarding trip with SurfSUP ($20 value)
Access to Vanessa’s “Getting to Know your Brain” online class ($47 value)
Discover how your individual brain works to process information, interprets the world and creates and reinforces your belief system. The better you know your own brain, the more you can change it at the retreat.
Discovering your Desires Action Guide
You can’t get what you want if you aren’t clear on what you want. In order to get out of your own way, you need to know where you’re going and what you’re in the way of. We’ve become so attached to the to-do lists, “have to” and “shoulds” that we’ve detached from what we really want for ourselves. Remember those dreams? Oh yeah, we’re pulling those back out.
Stepping outside of your comfort zone checklist
What do you need to do, take and feel, to prepare yourself for stepping outside of your comfort zone more often? How do you get friends to join you? This checklist gives you everything you need to get good at adventure.
Where do I go from here guide?
When the day is over, how do you take the magic home with you? Spiritually, mentally, physically, emotionally this guide gives you action steps to grow in each area.
Invitation to join the 4 week “Taking adventure home” online group program
Submersion into a day like our retreat is magical. We want to make sure the magic isn’t lost and you know exactly how to keep the growth going! Details at the retreat!
Reserve your spot for the adventure, valued at over $800 for $199.
What do I need to wear?
No need to dress up here! Just wear comfortable clothes that are easy to move in. What you might wear to exercise. I’d also recommend wearing a bathing suit underneath. We’ll be outside right on the lake where the sun shines brighter, so you may want sunscreen, a hat and sunglasses. Check the weather as it gets closer, we’re going rain or shine baby, all part of the adventure!
What do I need bring?
Bring a towel and a change of clothes. We’ll be providing a healthy lunch but you may want to bring snacks! There will be some downtime during the day for relaxation, reflection and rest. You’re welcome to bring any non-technological entertainment. A book, a journal, yoga mat, whatever you’d like to fill (or not fill) the downtime.
What If I’ve never done yoga?
No worries! We are not yoga gurus. In fact, this will be our first time trying it on the paddleboard as well, so we’ll be on this adventure together. There will be modifications and you can adjust it to where you feel good. We also may fall in, and that’s great too!
What if I’ve never paddle boarded?
Ian is an awesome instructor. He’ll guide you through everything you need to know to feel like a pro by the end of the day. Remember, it’s not about being good, it’s all about being bold and trying something new. It’s about having fun! There’s no comparing or judging of any kind in this crowd, so we’ll all be there to support each other’s adventure and growth.
Do I have to participate in every activity?
You are welcome to participate in whichever activities you’d like to. Remember, part of the idea for this retreat is to try something that might push you a little outside what feels comfortable. We will be there to help you get past your comfort zone but feel safe and supported to take it as far as you’d like! If you choose not to participate in a particular activity, there are beautiful walks around the center that you can choose to do instead.
What if I can’t swim?
SurfSUP will be providing life jackets for everyone.
Where do I go from here, what else do you have to offer?
The intention of this day is to discover how to build adventure into your everyday life. You will get a guide for how to continue to take this new mindset into each area of your life as well as receive exclusive access to a 4 week online group coaching program that will teach you to integrate this sense of adventure, change and growth into your food and body, physical activity, spirituality and relationships.
3 Reasons to go on an adventure
- We don’t realize how much of our behaviors, thoughts and beliefs come from triggers in our environment. By simply changing your environment, you have access to a different and more creative level of thinking. You get full access to the part of you that doesn’t always get to run the show. When you remove the environmental triggers, you get the opportunity to rewrite the thought patterns, behaviors or beliefs that really no longer serve you.
- It’s fun. Two of the toughest questions that I ask my clients are “what do you want?” and “what do you do for fun?” Fun and joy for no reason are so absent in our daily lives. We spend the majority of our time working crossing our to-do list and the majority of our mental time and space worrying about both of those. Fun and activities that bring us joy, and ultimately fulfillment, get placed at the bottom of to-do lists. And if there is one thing I know for sure, it’s that our to-do lists never truly end. We continue to place the important tasks at the top, allowing the items (fun) at the bottom never to be completed. We tell ourselves that when we have more time we’ll get to the good stuff. We actually have it backwards and here’s why:
- Here is how the brain works in decision making. When you feel good, you make good choices. When you feel bad, you make bad choices. So our physical and mental state largely determine the choices we make. Not the other way around. Have you ever tried to go on a diet, only to find that it was easier to make good choices once you had already lost some weight? You started to feel good when you lost weight, so you started to make better choices because the better choices felt better. When presented with two options, your brain will reach for the one that feels better in the moment, even if it has negative consequences. So we need to get ourselves into a state where we feel good so the choices we need to make feel easy.
“My favorite part was the positive mindset and can-do attitude that everyone brought to the table – it was really motivating for me to be around like-minded individuals.”
– Sharon Vuong